hey, its autism awareness day! here are some things you need to know about it:
- awareness doesn't mean acceptance
- many people are aware of autism and refuse to acknowledge us as equal people
- the wear blue campaign is headed by a charity that sees autistic people as a burden
- don't celebrate autism awareness day
- instead celebrate autism acceptance day and wear red https://www.autismacceptancemonth.com
> the wear blue campaign is headed by a charity that sees autistic people as a burden
About half of my heroes are somewhere on the spectrum (with high probability among the deceased.) ASD is not a thing I'd eliminate from this world.
@maples I assume the last bit was supposed to be month?
a private instance for maple bloom.